Expansion Rumors…

That's actually not a bad league.

Shame all of this is driven by money, ESPN, and Fox and they can't reincorporate Stanford and Cal, it would be a good fit.

I do actually look forward to Stanford, Cal, and SMU.

Even a league with all the Texas schools, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Arkansas, Missouri, and Nebraska is much better than even the SEC - kind of a super SWC

Texas
aTm
Houston
Baylor
TCU
SMU
Rice
OSU
Oklahoma
Nebraska
Missouri
Colorado

Even though they are SEC, I'd say LSU could choose where it wanted to be.

I guess I miss the old SWC days.

Past game recordings probably have value. PAC may own those.

I would add Air Force and UNLV as they try to get to 8.
CBS sort of agrees.
"Sources told CBS Sports that schools west of the Mississippi in the American Athletic Conference could be targeted. That list could include some combination of UTSA, Rice and North Texas, as well as Memphis. If the new, six-school Pac-12 wanted to raid the Mountain West again, Air Force and UNLV would be two obvious options, too. "

CBS sort of agrees.
"Sources told CBS Sports that schools west of the Mississippi in the American Athletic Conference could be targeted. That list could include some combination of UTSA, Rice and North Texas, as well as Memphis. If the new, six-school Pac-12 wanted to raid the Mountain West again, Air Force and UNLV would be two obvious options, too. "

Raid the mountain west to the point you can dissolve it. Then no buyout needed.

I cannot verify this, other than to say that a usually pretty reliable source says that there is a lot of chatter going around Atlanta with some high up people in Atlanta that Tech could be well on its way to joining the big10 with Notre Dame, Clemson, and FSU. He said that news has also been all over Twitter for the last hour.
I'll believe it when I see it, but it definitely works for me. And you know the SEC will fight like hell to prevent it, because the last thing they want is a Big 10 presence in the Southeast.
Your last sentence is correct! And it will be a big obstacle to that happening. The $EC has deep pockets and way more control over CFB than the NCAA.

I have to wonder about Clemson and FSU too, but all 3 would give the Big10 a presence in the South East that they have never had before, and even with questionable academic institutions, that presence would be BIG !!!
“Questionable academic institutions”?
You’re giving them too much credit.
lol.

Another article on 9 programs the P12 may target.

IMO, Stanford and Cal panicked. I bet a lot of their folks have buyer's remorse today.

If the PAC gets Tulane while the ACC sits on its ass, Tech should leave the league.
"Tech should leave the league" . . . using what money to pay the buyout?

IMO, Stanford and Cal panicked. I bet a lot of their folks have buyer's remorse today.

"Tech should leave the league" . . . using what money to pay the buyout?
They would be better off going back. I’m sure the PAC 12 would take them back in a heartbeat to get to the required number they need.

Back