Expansion Rumors…

There’s a lot of folks here saying the SEC doesn’t want us, but we sure have been playing a bunch of SEC teams lately. I don’t know why y’all think we’re not wanted.

There’s a lot of folks here saying the SEC doesn’t want us, but we sure have been playing a bunch of SEC teams lately. I don’t know why y’all think we’re not wanted.
It’s because of the pact between uga, Florida, and South Carolina to vote against the admission of any of their in-state rivals.

[QUOTEw="savbandjacket, post: 3017869, member: 1595"]
It’s because of the pact between uga, Florida, and South Carolina to vote against the admission of any of their in-state rivals.
[/QUOTE]

If we somehow got invited to join the Big Ten, I think the SEC would feel a little less dominant than it does now. Having Pitt play at Grant Field in front of 25,000 makes the SEC feel great. But, having Ohio State play at Grant Field in front of a full house would be a different story.

Last edited:
If the other 11 teams vote yes that's more than the (I believe) 75% votes required. If OUT get to vote when the time comes then the static three votes mean even less

[/QUOTE]

If we somehow got invited to join the Big Ten, I think the SEC would feel a little less dominant than it does now. Having Pitt play at Grant Field in front of 25,000 make a the SEC feel great. But, having Ohio State play at Grant Field in front of a full house would be a different story.
[/QUOTE]
Especially with bds being a second home field to mich ohio state. Which it would. Hell. We would have 3 home games and 3 neutral games at bds very often lol.

If we somehow got invited to join the Big Ten, I think the SEC would feel a little less dominant than it does now. Having Pitt play at Grant Field in front of 25,000 make a the SEC feel great. But, having Ohio State play at Grant Field in front of a full house would be a different story.
[/QUOTE]
Especially with bds being a second home field to mich ohio state. Which it would. Hell. We would have 3 home games and 3 neutral games at bds very often lol.
[/QUOTE]
Our new AD and coach would have the funds to upgrade the program and at least we would have a chance to recover. We need to convert the Big 10 fans into sidewalk fans for Tech.

Tech is very desirable to the B1G because of the TV market. Why do you think GA State went FBS so quickly. The $80M/year isn't too bad either. Besides if we do go to the B1G we can start telling B1G jokes like:
Why don't UofMN women go out with UofWI men?
Did you ever see what a Badger does to a gopher hole?

Tech is very desirable to the B1G because of the TV market. Why do you think GA State went FBS so quickly. The $80M/year isn't too bad either. Besides if we do go to the B1G we can start telling B1G jokes like:
Why don't UofMN women go out with UofWI men?
Did you ever see what a Badger does to a gopher hole?
LMAO

[/QUOTE]
Our new AD and coach would have the funds to upgrade the program and at least we would have a chance to recover. We need to convert the Big 10 fans into sidewalk fans for Tech.
[/QUOTE]

In my opinion, Tech is fighting for sports survival right now. First, I want Tech to survive. If we got into the Big Ten, we would survive. While we are going from surviving to thriving, having Grant Field full of fans, even if half of them are for visiting teams, is a lot better than having Grant Field full of empty seats.

This whole situation is scary to me, because we might get left out. But, if we are fortunate enough to get in the Big Ten, Tech would be in the best shape in which it has ever been athletically. It looks to me like we've been dying a slow death in the current ACC. No fans, no enthusiasm, no realistic hope, no respect. I would surely be happy to see all that change.

[/QUOTE]

In my opinion, Tech is fighting for sports survival right now. First, I want Tech to survive. If we got into the Big Ten, we would survive. While we are going from surviving to thriving, having Grant Field full of fans, even if half of them are for visiting teams, is a lot better than having Grant Field full of empty seats.

This whole situation is scary to me, because we might get left out. But, if we are fortunate enough to get in the Big Ten, Tech would be in the best shape in which it has ever been athletically. It looks to me like we've been dying a slow death in the current ACC. No fans, no enthusiasm, no realistic hope, no respect. I would surely be happy to see all that change.
[/QUOTE]
The Big 10 would absolutely take GT to be in the middle of the south. I'd say UNC is more appealing to the SEC than Big 10. GT more appealing to the Big 10 than UNC. I could see the Big 10 going after Miami, Clemson, and maybe FSU.

There are just too many Michigan, Ohio State, Illinois, Penn State fans in Atlanta for alums of those schools not to ask for GT in Atlanta to get an invite. Plus, Atlanta is a destination city, like Miami. Clemson and Tallahassee not so much.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
Look how Texas had to respond when A&M went to the SEC. I would prefer Tech in the SEC for the old rivalries, but Tech in the Big Ten could change our trajectory in a positive way.

So much weak-ass homerism on this thread, especially regarding Et-Lanta, which much/most of the rest of the country regards as a sewer. I LOL at the way some of you over-rate you and yours. Pathetic.
I know of nobody who regards Atlanta as a sewer. I realize you have your personal opinion on the city, but you are absolutely wrong about how the vast majority of the United States, and world, look at Atlanta. I work for a large French company, and they love Atlanta. Now stop being a dumbass.

I know of nobody who regards Atlanta as a sewer. I realize you have your personal opinion on the city, but you are absolutely wrong about how the vast majority of the United States, and world, look at Atlanta. I work for a large French company, and they love Atlanta. Now stop being a dumbass.
And Alabama and Auburn look at those idiots and laugh. Ditto now Texas A&M and Texas.

Colas or LaFarge?

Likewise. I work for a global company and they love Atlanta. Sometimes I think the GT brand is more popular as well outside Georgia.

So much weak-ass homerism on this thread, especially regarding Et-Lanta, which much/most of the rest of the country regards as a sewer. I LOL at the way some of you over-rate you and yours. Pathetic.

Most of the rest of the CFB world regards Atlanta as one of, if not the, most important cities in college football. There's a reason the CFB HoF picked up and moved there.

Homerism the opinions of Homer Simpson.

Back