Expansion Rumors…

This. Our football program has been bottom 1/3 of the ACC for the last decade. Our basketball program is possibly the worst in the ACC since 2001. That 2nd one is kinda hard to believe but run the numbers. We are more of a liability than an asset to the conference these days with how bad our programs suck.
I will say, with a lot of confidence, that if it weren’t for the ridiculous GOR thing FSU and Clemson would be out the door ASAP. There is little support for the ACC in those camps

What has all that Little-14 cash done for Maryland? Not a damn thing. Has all that sweet, sweet, SEC mullah made Vamderbilt a winning football program?

Our facilities are not preventing us from winning. And we could have an extra $50 miillion. We will still NEVER out-croot those goobers in Athens.

I am NOT fine with the Status Quo. I just don't think more money would make things better as long as The Powers That Be keep making really, really, REALLY, bad coaching decisions for the two most popular college sports.
Dude, we are broke. We are also not Maryland. We have always been > Maryland. We are in the deep south and damn broke because we are in a bad relationship and stay out of some strange sense of loyalty. That loyalty made us sign the worst prenup in the history of prenups.

We could make better coaching decisions if our decisions weren't made like we are Walmart trying to pick the best pickle supplier and going low budget. We can't pay for assistants. We can't pay to modernize. We half ass it.

But don't worry, we will stay put in the ACC and by the time we get to the end of the current contract, we can look at the $300 million + extra dollars we could have gotten in the BIG10 and say "wouldn't have helped us because 1982 says we are Rutgers or Maryland"

More money may have helped us hire someone other than TStan or Bobinski. It’s possible we still would have made both those hires, but maybe not.
That is a reasonable point. But still only conjecture - is money really governing out AD choices? I dunno.

That is a reasonable point. But still only conjecture - is money really governing out AD choices? I dunno.
The best AD candidates are going to typically go where they have the most resources with which to potentially accomplish the most. So not so much the AD salary, but what are you offering them to do the job with. Our former AD, DRad, left us for Clemson and them for Miami, all because he saw more resources to work with at each place.

No. It would have only enabled TStan to keep making bad decisions longer if he had more money.
Basing his hypothetical hiring decisions with B1G money on the results he got with ACC money seems pretty unreasonable.

The best AD candidates are going to typically go where they have the most resources with which to potentially accomplish the most. So not so much the AD salary, but what are you offering them to do the job with. Our former AD, DRad, left us for Clemson and them for Miami, all because he saw more resources to work with at each place.
Miami has more resources than Clemson? That would be incredibly embarrassing considering how much they have sucked absolute ass for the past 2 decades in the relatively resource poor ACC.

Miami has more resources than Clemson? That would be incredibly embarrassing considering how much they have sucked absolute ass for the past 2 decades in the relatively resource poor ACC.
Absolutely they do. They have a very, very wealthy donor, John Ruiz, who basically made Miami hire Cristobal and even offered to build them a stadium where Coral Gables HS is. Clemson has nobody in that orbit.

This is just him about NIL money.

How much additional money does Ruiz have allocated to spend on Hurricanes student-athletes this year?

“We set a budget of about $10 million when I started for the year, but we’re not stuck at $10 million,” he said.

They (Miami) also tapped their healthcare system resources to fund athletics.

This. Our football program has been bottom 1/3 of the ACC for the last decade. Our basketball program is possibly the worst in the ACC since 2001. That 2nd one is kinda hard to believe but run the numbers. We are more of a liability than an asset to the conference these days with how bad our programs suck.
Below I've listed our conference W/L over the last decade. There are 14 teams, not counting ND, so the bottom 3rd is 10-14. We have been 10 or lower 4x in the last decade. Three of those 4 were under TFG and the 4th was CPJ's 2015 team after heavy graduation and a rash of injury severely depleted our team. That team was sandwiched between teams that won Orange Bowl and Gator Bowl championships. We lost a lot of close games that year and still beat an undefeated FSU. Our record was far worse than our team in 2015.

Still, there are several other mediocre teams in that list, but none were bottom 3rd in the ACC. The last 4 years have been bad but why make it worse than it was?

2022: 4-4 (t-6)
2021: 2-6 (t-11)
2020: 3-6 (10)
2019: 2-6 (t-12)
2018: 5-3 (t-4)
2017: 4-4 (t-5)
2016: 4-4 (t-8)
2015: 1-7 (t-12)
2014: 6-2 (t-2)
2013: 5-3 (t-4)

Cause you have the dick of a 10 year old?
King-Tut.png

Back