Expansion Rumors…

Why couldn’t Tech do better with more money?
Well for one reason, as I have already explained, that $$$ doesn't come for free. It comes with a schedule which replaces the crappy ACC teams we play now, with Mich State, Wisconsin, tOSU, PSU, UMich . . . which would all kick our asses every mother ööööing year. Not to mention USC(w) every now and again. And we still have ugag, too, unless you're proposing to dump that. Besides all that, we are STILL not going to outcroot the SEC powers like Bama, ugag, UF, LSU, Auburn, Tennessee in the glorious SE, not to mention Clem's Son and FSU. Could more money help us against UVA or BC? Probably. But we wouldn't be playing them any more. We'd be playing a bunch of Little-14 teams who all have as much (if not more) money as we have.

There is one imbecile here who keeps bleating that Tech isn't Maryand! Ok, whch teams that Maryland lost to last year do you think Tech with more money beats? UMIch? tOSU? PSU? Wisconsin? Purdue . . . maybe? Add in ugag and that is still at least five guaranteed losses. How about 2021? tOSU, UMIch, MSU, Iowa (finished 10-4), PSU, Minnesota (finished 9-4)? And again, there's ugag. Smells like a best case 5-7 to me. Wake the öööö up!

In fact . . . since we would then be in the midwest for all intents and purposes, and absolute ööööing GHOSTS in the southeast everywhere but ATL (which ugag will always own anyway), croots will hardly ever see or hear about Tech, except for our annual asswhooping at the hands of the dwags - who would STILL have a öööö ton more money than Tech. You think some 4 star D-lineman from Cartersville HS would give two flying öööös about some game between Tech and Minnesota? You think the media ANYWHERE in the SE outside of Atlanta would?

It's a zero sum game and you people should be smart enough to see that. We play eight games every year against other schools in the cheap ass ACC who are getting the same conference money as us. Then we can pick three others (two of which should be patsies). That's 10 or 11 games each year where money is the same or in our favor . . , only against ugag every year are we at a major $$ disadvantage . . . as is almost everyone they play except a few other SEC teams. Toss out Ol' Miss and ugag where we have a financial disadvantage for being in the ACC, and last year we were still only 5-5 against teams in our same broke-ass conference (or some even poorer conference). Hell, we lost to UVA at home. Was that due to some major financial advantage in UVA's football program? :lol:

I know you want to blame recent results on CGC (even though I think you defended that loser every mother ööööing step on the road to hell), but go back to 2017 and 2018 . . . we were still losing on the regular to the Dukes, USFs and UVAs of the world. And you want to trade for a Little-14 schedule?? :facepalm:

I mean, for suck's sake, even in the cheap ass ACC, Tech is STILL at the bottom in what we spend on coaches. Why? The conference isn't the problem. It should be MUCH EASIER to win games in the ööööty ACC.

Denial is not a river in Europe.

You think the media ANYWHERE in the SE outside of Atlanta would?
Not taking sides on this, but wanted to throw a comment in: you think the media anywhere in the SE outside of Atlanta cares now? As you've pointed out, it's not like we've made major headway not making any drastic changes. Could be something worth a gamble on.

Well for one reason, as I have already explained, that $$$ doesn't come for free. It comes with a schedule which replaces the crappy ACC teams we play now, with Mich State, Wisconsin, tOSU, PSU, UMich . . . which would all kick our asses every mother ööööing year. Not to mention USC(w) every now and again. And we still have ugag, too, unless you're proposing to dump that. Besides all that, we are STILL not going to outcroot the SEC powers like Bama, ugag, UF, LSU, Auburn, Tennessee in the glorious SE, not to mention Clem's Son and FSU. Could more money help us against UVA or BC? Probably. But we wouldn't be playing them any more. We'd be playing a bunch of Little-14 teams who all have as much (if not more) money as we have.

There is one imbecile here who keeps bleating that Tech isn't Maryand! Ok, whch teams that Maryland lost to last year do you think Tech with more money beats? UMIch? tOSU? PSU? Wisconsin? Purdue . . . maybe? Add in ugag and that is still at least five guaranteed losses. How about 2021? tOSU, UMIch, MSU, Iowa (finished 10-4), PSU, Minnesota (finished 9-4)? And again, there's ugag. Smells like a best case 5-7 to me. Wake the öööö up!

In fact . . . since we would then be in the midwest for all intents and purposes, and absolute ööööing GHOSTS in the southeast everywhere but ATL (which ugag will always own anyway), croots will hardly ever see or hear about Tech, except for our annual asswhooping at the hands of the dwags - who would STILL have a öööö ton more money than Tech. You think some 4 star D-lineman from Cartersville HS would give two flying öööös about some game between Tech and Minnesota? You think the media ANYWHERE in the SE outside of Atlanta would?

It's a zero sum game and you people should be smart enough to see that. We play eight games every year against other schools in the cheap ass ACC who are getting the same conference money as us. Then we can pick three others (two of which should be patsies). That's 10 or 11 games each year where money is the same or in our favor . . , only against ugag every year are we at a major $$ disadvantage . . . as is almost everyone they play except a few other SEC teams. Toss out Ol' Miss and ugag where we have a financial disadvantage for being in the ACC, and last year we were still only 5-5 against teams in our same broke-ass conference (or some even poorer conference). Hell, we lost to UVA at home. Was that due to some major financial advantage in UVA's football program? :lol:

I know you want to blame recent results on CGC (even though I think you defended that loser every mother ööööing step on the road to hell), but go back to 2017 and 2018 . . . we were still losing on the regular to the Dukes, USFs and UVAs of the world. And you want to trade for a Little-14 schedule?? :facepalm:

I mean, for suck's sake, even in the cheap ass ACC, Tech is STILL at the bottom in what we spend on coaches. Why? The conference isn't the problem. It should be MUCH EASIER to win games in the ööööty ACC.

Good lord, you're such a ööööing loser.

1676810752093.jpeg

No. We couldn't. I know you can't stop being a little bitch, but you can at least stop whining like a little bitch.

-insert your little bitch mom joke here.

we have been losers for only 3 years so try to keep things in perspective and not lose hope so easily. Or seek help for your hopelessness, depression and anxiety.

PS. If we are going to be losers either way why not be wealthy losers? And have a beer garden in the stadium?

I know the quest in life is to chase the money but the best thing for Tech is to remain in an intact ACC with the addition of ND as a full member. Otherwise GT will end up in the Big 12 when the öööö hits the fan.

A Big 10 schedule is not appealing to me, but if the Big 10 does present Tech with a life line after it all goes down then they better take it this time. Otherwise it is Big 12 or worse. I'm not sure which is more irrelevant.

I know the quest in life is to chase the money but the best thing for Tech is to remain in an intact ACC with the addition of ND as a full member. Otherwise GT will end up in the Big 12 when the öööö hits the fan.

A Big 10 schedule is not appealing to me, but if the Big 10 does present Tech with a life line after it all goes down then they better take it this time. Otherwise it is Big 12 or worse. I'm not sure which is more irrelevant.

Wrong. The best thing for GT is to jump to the B1G with Clemson, Miami, and FSU as part of the package. That has been and continues to be the best option for GT. You could even add UNC and/or UVA to that package if the B1G is interested.

Tech remaining broke and being able to say "but look everyone! Notre Dame every few seasons!" Is not good for Tech

ND is not joining the ACC

I think it's going to take some serious projecting of the future of college football to determine a present course of action. If CFB is destined to split into a "premier" division of the factories, then I don't want Tech to follow. If it somehow walks back from the precipice that the portal and NIL have created, and returns to some level of normalcy, then yes, let's fight to advance our position.

The reasoning for my thinking is the example of the SECheat that is happening right before our eyes: TAMU has done marginally well in the SECheat, while Missouri, Arkansas, and USCe are all marginally less relevant now than before they joined, as are Vandy, Kentucky, Ole Miss, and Miss State. The addition of OU and UTA will just make that worse. IOW, the programs that "have it" coming in will be the same ones who benefit most by the new association, while the mid-tier and below programs slide still further and suffer greater marginality. OU and UTA will be fine in the SEC, but how much harder will it be for the mid-tier programs to compete in their own conference.

How long has it been since one of those 7 schools won a division? 2014... as of last fall, 8 years ago. However, *none of those teams ever won the SEC CG. Every single CG since 1992 has been won by either Alabama, LSU, Auburn, UF, UGA, or UT. In over 30 years no other team but those 6 have won the conference and in only 8 of 60 opportunities has another team even won a division.
ARKY (3) - 1995, 2002, 2006
UMO (2) - 2013, 2014
USCe (1) - 2010
Miss St (1) - 1998
Ole Miss (0)
Vandy (0)
UK (0)

Since 2014, the SEC-W has been won by one of three teams - either Bama (6), LSU (2), or Auburn (1). Similarly, the SEC-E has been won by one of three teams - either UGAg (5), UF (3), or MO (its second year in the league). The addition of OU and UTA may add two more teams to this group, but how long then until one of those other teams can win?

IMPO, this is the future of GA Tech football if it comes down to two juggernaut conferences and we join in. We will simply become part of that vast, irrelevant center-bottom. A team that the factories play on the way to their championship games. Sorry if that all comes across as pessimistic. Just trying to be realistic.

IMPO, the best thing for GT football is for the bush-league pros to form their own division and let the college programs play in their own pond.

I’m happy with Tech in the ACC. I’ve got no interest in playing boring-ass midwestern teams whose sole purpose is to give the SEC somebody to embarrass in bowls. At least the ACC offers some easy and pleasant travel options.

But still, using the word “croot” like some illiterate hillbilly automatically invalidates anything further you have to say.

JRjr

The problem with being an also ran in one of the two big conferences is a team like Tech will have a few teams in the conference where they will never beat one of those schools' better teams. Think UGAG but 2 or 3 in our division plus whoever the best team in the other division for the championship. The best we have done in the last 50+ years is beat a UGAG team that ended with 3 losses. When you need 2 or 3 teams down at the same time you get only 6 of 14 teams winning the conference ever. The BIG has unbalanced divisions so we would be better off in their west if it ever happens.

This thread has been really good at helping me determine which of y'all are damn meek little bitches who I hate

This thread has been really good at helping me determine which of y'all are damn meek little bitches who I hate
Curse and act like a child all you want. It does not change reality one iota. Go on with your Quixotic quest. With one valiant exception, we’re now going on 67 years since GA Tech was a perennial top 10 program. The game barely resembles those lofty days of the early/mid 1950’s now.

Tech can be a powerhouse again, but only if she is able to find a level playing field. The SECheat/B1G pathway is not it.

Curse and act like a child all you want. It does not change reality one iota. Go on with your Quixotic quest. With one valiant exception, we’re now going on 67 years since GA Tech was a perennial top 10 program. The game barely resembles those lofty days of the early/mid 1950’s now.

Tech can be a powerhouse again, but only if she is able to find a level playing field. The SECheat/B1G pathway is not it.
Whaaaaa....you want to continue to be mediocre and broke in the ACC because you FEAR BIG10 schools and feel like, no matter what, GT couldn't possibly be successful with the addition of $30 million+ per year in our coffers. You accept we will ALWAYS be second fiddle to UGAg with no hope....year after year after year so you are willing to accept playing on a Duke level forever, with no hope GT could ever ascend to the top of CFB, given the resources to do so.

So you know what? You're a damn loser. Good lord, how in the hell did you make it through your life without constantly getting your ass kicked for being a little bitch?

Whaaaaa....you want to continue to be mediocre and broke in the ACC because you FEAR BIG10 schools and feel like, no matter what, GT couldn't possibly be successful with the addition of $30 million+ per year in our coffers. You accept we will ALWAYS be second fiddle to UGAg with no hope....year after year after year so you are willing to accept playing on a Duke level forever, with no hope GT could ever ascend to the top of CFB, given the resources to do so.

So you know what? You're a damn loser. Good lord, how in the hell did you make it through your life without constantly getting your ass kicked for being a little bitch?
Keep on showing your intelligence, bro. Keep right on. It means nothing to me. It is apparent that you cannot discuss a matter like an adult.

Ignore.

Back