Expansion Rumors…

Curse and act like a child all you want. It does not change reality one iota. Go on with your Quixotic quest. With one valiant exception, we’re now going on 67 years since GA Tech was a perennial top 10 program. The game barely resembles those lofty days of the early/mid 1950’s now.

Tech can be a powerhouse again, but only if she is able to find a level playing field. The SECheat/B1G pathway is not it.

:dunno: The SEC/B1G is the path to the level playing field, that is what Jjacket is trying to tell you. I would take either one of them over the ACC as would any athletic program interested in being a powerhouse. I guess the ACC could conceivably level the playing field when they renegotiate the contract in 2035 or whenever it is; but it will probably be too late by then.

:dunno: The SEC/B1G is the path to the level playing field, that is what Jjacket is trying to tell you. I would take either one of them over the ACC as would any athletic program interested in being a powerhouse. I guess the ACC could conceivably level the playing field when they renegotiate the contract in 2035 or whenever it is; but it will probably be too late by then.
You and I disagree there. Ask USCe, MSU, Vandy, Kentucky, et al how level the playing field is in the SEC.

I agree with JJ. You’re acting like a loser.
LOL. You’re welcome to your opinion. Put this is a shoebox and pull it out in ten years. See how close you are.
Reality is often not popular. GA Tech hasn’t been a consistent top 10 program since 1956.

the-joke-you-over-your.gif

I think it's going to take some serious projecting of the future of college football to determine a present course of action. If CFB is destined to split into a "premier" division of the factories, then I don't want Tech to follow. If it somehow walks back from the precipice that the portal and NIL have created, and returns to some level of normalcy, then yes, let's fight to advance our position.

The reasoning for my thinking is the example of the SECheat that is happening right before our eyes: TAMU has done marginally well in the SECheat, while Missouri, Arkansas, and USCe are all marginally less relevant now than before they joined, as are Vandy, Kentucky, Ole Miss, and Miss State. The addition of OU and UTA will just make that worse. IOW, the programs that "have it" coming in will be the same ones who benefit most by the new association, while the mid-tier and below programs slide still further and suffer greater marginality. OU and UTA will be fine in the SEC, but how much harder will it be for the mid-tier programs to compete in their own conference.

How long has it been since one of those 7 schools won a division? 2014... as of last fall, 8 years ago. However, *none of those teams ever won the SEC CG. Every single CG since 1992 has been won by either Alabama, LSU, Auburn, UF, UGA, or UT. In over 30 years no other team but those 6 have won the conference and in only 8 of 60 opportunities has another team even won a division.
ARKY (3) - 1995, 2002, 2006
UMO (2) - 2013, 2014
USCe (1) - 2010
Miss St (1) - 1998
Ole Miss (0)
Vandy (0)
UK (0)

Since 2014, the SEC-W has been won by one of three teams - either Bama (6), LSU (2), or Auburn (1). Similarly, the SEC-E has been won by one of three teams - either UGAg (5), UF (3), or MO (its second year in the league). The addition of OU and UTA may add two more teams to this group, but how long then until one of those other teams can win?

IMPO, this is the future of GA Tech football if it comes down to two juggernaut conferences and we join in. We will simply become part of that vast, irrelevant center-bottom. A team that the factories play on the way to their championship games. Sorry if that all comes across as pessimistic. Just trying to be realistic.

IMPO, the best thing for GT football is for the bush-league pros to form their own division and let the college programs play in their own pond.
Way, way, WAY too many ööööing facts for the many imbeciles here.

Curse and act like a child all you want. It does not change reality one iota. Go on with your Quixotic quest. With one valiant exception, we’re now going on 67 years since GA Tech was a perennial top 10 program. The game barely resembles those lofty days of the early/mid 1950’s now.

Tech can be a powerhouse again, but only if she is able to find a level playing field. The SECheat/B1G pathway is not it.
You should have known that you would have to explain Quixotic to that imbecile.

You and I disagree there. Ask USCe, MSU, Vandy, Kentucky, et al how level the playing field is in the SEC.
We have more SEC football championships than all those teams COMBINED. Now stop being a puss already.

LOL. You’re welcome to your opinion. Put this is a shoebox and pull it out in ten years. See how close you are.
Reality is often not popular. GA Tech hasn’t been a consistent top 10 program since 1956.
We will be dead ass broke in 10 years, instead of being able to do something productive with the additional $300-$400 million in revenue we could get in the BIG10.

I think the playing field is level even for the schools that you named, but they are still in the stands looking at the field. Although USCe HAS actually made it to the field a couple of times but didn't stay there.

Here is the problem. The entire CFB landscape now revolves around one thing; MONEY. The only reasons those programs even have a pulse if because of the huge SEC $ they are getting. The teams playing in the ACC are just going to fall further behind.
The only way around this is to either be in a conference like the BIG10 or SEC, or like Miami, find an angel investor in the program that is willing to piss away millions and millions

I think the playing field is level even for the schools that you named, but they are still in the stands looking at the field. Although USCe HAS actually made it to the field a couple of times but didn't stay there.
USCe is a ööööhole and should never, ever, ever be compared to GT.

Yeah maybe I’ll ask the USCe, MSU and Vandy baseball program. The Kentucky basketball program how much they like it.

I definitely was not comparing USCe to Tech, but the fact remains that they did make a go of it under Spurrier.
For what… 2-3 years? And let’s not move the goalposts, this is all about football. Nobody wants to move for baseball, basketball, or any other sport.

Back