Expansion Rumors…

I cannot believe we didn't put a clause in the contract stipulating the league should be within 95% or greater of the contract of the league with the largest payout. Jesus, the ACC front office are a damn bunch of dumbasses. All of them.

How in the hell do you sign a TV deal that runs for 15 years or whatever? Criminal levels of mismanagement.

A little MMQ there? I didn’t hear complaints when it was signed. Now if they do it again, it’s stupid.

Just here to remind some of you that you are absolutely crazy if you think the GOR will hold this conference together until 2036. You are delusional to believe that. I think we’ll be seeing teams leave by 2026 let alone 2036.

Hope the conference can come up with a better plan the unequal revenue sharing. Knocking half the conference to $40-50 million or some such behind instead of 30 isn't going to breed success in the long run. Make it harder to actually get better overall contracts and leave the FSU folks wondering why they are getting bottom seeds in the playoff after going undefeated.

I cannot believe we didn't put a clause in the contract stipulating the league should be within 95% or greater of the contract of the league with the largest payout. Jesus, the ACC front office are a damn bunch of dumbasses. All of them.
They still live in the old Tobacco Road cardigan sweater wearing “love out Tar Heels” mentality

That's like me saying that Margo Robbie "has to bang me."

FSU can wish in one hand and öööö in the other, and see which one fills up faster.
Maybe we are about to see if your “injunction” and conference loyalty stuff holds up. Maybe yes or maybe no. GT needs to watch closely. It may be the saving grace or the penalty box

Well, lots of things that will never happen have been discussed and Im don't like any of them, so here is my dream scenario:

1) The current SEC Big 6 + OU & UT + OSU/UM/PSU/Wisky from the Big 10 bolt and form their own semi-pro conference.
2) We join the south branch of the 2 conferences of leftovers plus the better teams of the ACC.

That would give us a league of teams where we could compete against all of them.

never happen, don't care, figured I would kink the circle for one lap.

Reeeeeepost.

I am sick of FSU. They have a wildly exaggerated view of themselves. I wish the ACC would say that any school that wanted to leave was free to go right now. I think these schools that think they're so great would be amazed at how they fare in the market place. How many ACC teams would get invited to the Big 10 or the SEC? I really think the team with the best chance to get invited to either conference is Georgia Tech by the Big 10. I'd like to see FSU and Clemson find out nobody wants them. As for uneven distribution, I'd rather Tech become independent or join the Big 12 than to stay in the ACC and agree that some schools in the conference get more than we do.

Not the "Atlanta" öööö again.

I can think of one real good rea$on to pay Mi$$i$$ippi $chool$ in Atlanta? Gue$$ which game had the highe$t attendance at BD$ la$t year . . . .by $everal thou$and.
Wow, a whole $200k more in tickets sold than against Western Carolina, that's really gonna move the needle and get this program on the right track...

Well, lots of things that will never happen have been discussed and Im don't like any of them, so here is my dream scenario:

1) The current SEC Big 6 + OU & UT + OSU/UM/PSU/Wisky from the Big 10 bolt and form their own semi-pro conference.
2) We join the south branch of the 2 conferences of leftovers plus the better teams of the ACC.

That would give us a league of teams where we could compete against all of them.

never happen, don't care, figured I would kink the circle for one lap.
Desperation and the desire for any action to be taken. Clearly, no one sat on their hands before signing the doc.
if anyone wants to see a close parallel to what is happening, watch “Requiem For The Big East” on ESPN 30 for 30. Watching schools who emphasize football that are tied to small, private basketball schools realize the model doesn’t work. The origins of the ACC were always in the Triangle in North Carolina, and that will always be what drives the feckless ACC. I really believe most of the Tobacco Road people would just as soon link up with the Ivy League and put all the resources into hoops and lacrosse

I am sick of FSU. They have a wildly exaggerated view of themselves. I wish the ACC would say that any school that wanted to leave was free to go right now. I think these schools that think they're so great would be amazed at how they fare in the market place. How many ACC teams would get invited to the Big 10 or the SEC? I really think the team with the best chance to get invited to either conference is Georgia Tech by the Big 10. I'd like to see FSU and Clemson find out nobody wants them. As for uneven distribution, I'd rather Tech become independent or join the Big 12 than to stay in the ACC and agree that some schools in the conference get more than we do.

They have a point though. Our competition in other conferences will have significantly more money at their disposal than we will.

They have a point though. Our competition in other conferences will have significantly more money at their disposal than we will.
Our competition (SEC/B1G) has pulled the following programs out of other conferences in the past 10 years:
SECheat: Texas A&M, Missouri, Texas, and Oklahoma. That's the Who's Who of the old B12. Major football identity.
B1G: Nebraska, Maryland, Southern Cal, and UCLA. Three historic top programs and one little sister. Strong football identity, especially considering PSU, too.

Meanwhile, the ACC: Miami, VA Tech, Pitt, Boston College, Syracuse, and Louisville. Hmm. No strong identity. Started good football, but ended up half football schools, half basketball schools. Just confusion about who we are going to be.

Man you are salty. I love that. But you are wrong. FSU knows what they are and they are miles ahead of everyone except Clemson in the ACC. Sure, they struggled after their legend coach retired just like most programs have in the past, but they bring a huge fanbase who travels and will see their recruiting take off again as they win. Norvell just won 10 games. FSU will be just fine when they leave.

Our competition (SEC/B1G) has pulled the following programs out of other conferences in the past 10 years:
SECheat: Texas A&M, Missouri, Texas, and Oklahoma. That's the Who's Who of the old B12. Major football identity.
B1G: Nebraska, Maryland, Southern Cal, and UCLA. Three historic top programs and one little sister. Strong football identity, especially considering PSU, too.

Meanwhile, the ACC: Miami, VA Tech, Pitt, Boston College, Syracuse, and Louisville. Hmm. No strong identity. Started good football, but ended up half football schools, half basketball schools. Just confusion about who we are going to be.
Looks like the Big East invaded the ACC to me. Chantastic.

Serious question: Did we really get an invite from the B10 about 10 years ago or was that someone's pipe dream or a what if over dinner. If you say yes, post a link pls.

Back