Expansion Rumors…

I’d be down. As long as Clem and FSU stay
It would be (marginally) better than the B1G, but only because a west coast trip every year or two might be fun as opposed to Madison, Lincoln, Iowa City, Champaign, or State College. You don't need a merger to do that, though, just an agreement to play x number of interconference games per season. Maybe the Rose Bowl goes from B1G-PAC12 to ACC-PAC12. Now that I can get behind.

It would be (marginally) better than the B1G, but only because a west coast trip every year or two might be fun as opposed to Madison, Lincoln, Iowa City, Champaign, or State College.
I'd love to go see a game at the University of Washington.

Let's focus on what drives the money: enjoyment. If your peak enjoyment is watching tech play away games on TV that you'll never travel to see and never running into a fan of other programs then the big10 is for you. If what you enjoy is travelling to other stadiums, trash talking other fans all year, and focusing on old rivalries then there are only 2 options.

Not a horrible idea.

If we could drop the private schools except Miami (Duke, BC, Syracuse, Wake) and get Oregon, Washington, Utah + Notre Dame permanent we’d have a pretty solid league

Those boys play hard, I watched them come back and beat down USC. They play with a Never say die attitude and tough af grit that they get from Whittingham, I hope we get that same culture going at Tech with Key.

couldn’t agree more. Sound hard-nosed fundamental football. I try to watch Utah games as much as I can. They have a really good program.

Not a horrible idea.

I can't stop LMFAO at that big red Texas with that tiny little SMU pony which literally no one gives a öööö about.

How did that get in there anyway? Is SMU in the PAC 12, or are they in the ACC? And which coast is Texas located on: the Atlantic, or the Pacific? :lol:

It's so ridiculous that you can't even take the rest of the post serious at all - unless you're drunk or high.

I just think you are using old logic from the early days of expansion. The calculus is always changing. It changed again the second USC/UCLA joined the BIG. Aren’t they from the same state let alone same city?

I don’t know how any of this will end up. All I know is my school is stuck in a horribly run conference that is falling further behind with each passing sports season. The leadership in our conference has been inept for decades compared to the SEC. Phillips hasn’t shown much other than keeping the status quo and threatening schools interested in leaving. It’s just ridiculous.

I agree with you about the unattractiveness and ineptitude of the ACC. I think the Big 10 took USC and UCLA because they can set up a football schedule where they have one game in LA every weekend. I also think having two teams in LA gives them a break on what is going to be some long distance traveling.

I think Tech is very attractive to the Big Ten because of AAU, research money, and the Atlanta market.
I can't stop LMFAO at that big red Texas with that tiny little SMU pony which literally no one gives a öööö about.

How did that get in there anyway? Is SMU in the PAC 12, or are they in the ACC? And which coast is Texas located on: the Atlantic, or the Pacific? :lol:

It's so ridiculous that you can't even take the rest of the post serious at all - unless you're drunk or high.

If you just throw in South Alabama, Southern Mississippi, Tulane and New Mexico, you could walk from the Atlantic Ocean to the Gulf of Mexico to the Pacific Ocean and to Mexico and Canada without ever leaving the mighty ACC. I honestly think that would be great and that the money per team would be more than what teams in the Big 10 and the SEC get. I really hope this is officially announced tomorrow. We could divide this into four regional divisions and have a four team championship tournament at the end of the regular season. What a time to be alive!

If you just throw in South Alabama, Southern Mississippi, Tulane and New Mexico, you could walk from the Atlantic Ocean to the Gulf of Mexico to the Pacific Ocean and to Mexico and Canada without ever leaving the mighty ACC. I honestly think that would be great and that the money per team would be more than what teams in the Big 10 and the SEC get. I really hope this is officially announced tomorrow. We could divide this into four regional divisions and have a four team championship tournament at the end of the regular season. What a time to be alive!
:lol:

Yeah. And get South Alabama to change its name to what folks really call it anyway: Lower Alabamy. Then you can tell the contract stooges at ESPN that the LA market is in the new APAC. They'll never know the diff.

Plus, by adding Tulane, this new conference will have at LEAST four major cities (Miami, New Orleans, Atlanta, SLC) where this new conference school is a distant second banana college program as far as fans in their own city are concerned. So that's nice.

And did I just notice that they ALSO snuck San Diego State in there (even though they're also not in the PAC-12 and not in the ACC)? So make that FIVE major citiies! So much winning! However, to really perfect this theme, I think you need to add USF and Cincinatti.

:lol:

Yeah. And get South Alabama to change its name to what folks really call it anyway: Lower Alabamy. Then you can tell the contract stooges at ESPN that the LA market is in the new APAC. They'll never know the diff.

Plus, by adding Tulane, this new conference will have at LEAST four major cities (Miami, New Orleans, Atlanta, SLC) where this new conference school is a distant second banana college program as far as fans in their own city are concerned. So that's nice.

And did I just notice that they ALSO snuck San Diego State in there (even though they're also not in the PAC-12 and not in the ACC)? So make that FIVE major citiies! So much winning! However, to really perfect this theme, I think you need to add USF and Cincinatti.

Wait, SMU is in the PAC now?
dhmis-try-and-keep-up-mate.gif

Back