Fall Camp News

Last year before the first game, I told my wife that CPJ's demeanor was different. Either he knew we were going to have a very good year, or he knew that this was his last preseason at Tech and he was just enjoying himself.

I dunno, if you recall, we struggled out the gate. Even though we started 5-0, we had trouble with CSU, Tulane, and GSU.

More of that preseason CPJ swagger

[y]Dyxu7n0MAXw[/y]

I do like the assessment of Skov. Gonna be a punisher and hard to bring down. There may be no stopping on on goal line situations and third or forth and short.

Skov and Quay gonna play

I hope Skov is as physical as advertised. That would be a real life saver for us at BB this year.

Edit: it sounds like CPJ isn't very happy with the defense. Big focus on CTR this year to use that seniority on defense to get off the field on 3rd downs.

Skov and Quay gonna play

I hope Skov is as physical as advertised. That would be a real life saver for us at BB this year.

Edit: it sounds like CPJ isn't very happy with the defense. Big focus on CTR this year to use that seniority on defense to get off the field on 3rd downs.

Most people on here have to admit that if we have the other team in a 3rd and 15 situation we generally think "öööö, they got us just were they want us"

What's your opinion of his demeanor this season?

As a side note, I've been impressed by the composure, professionalism, and maturity of the players during their interviews this off-season. Watching the GT youtube stream is very different than watching other media streams.

Too early to say; it's the first week of practice.

Too early to say; it's the first week of practice.

On the other hand, when CPJ first came onboard, practices I saw needed the Benny Hill music playing along. Nesbitt's team was blessed with some talent and we overcame a ton of mistakes.

Tevin was a good player that didn't have outstanding speed or power, but he managed the team pretty well and didn't turn the ball over a bunch.

Vad was the lost year where CPJ tried to alter his offense to fit. It was a mistake. Vad ran the offense way to slowly and seemed to just give up later in the season. There were a lot of QB keepers where Vad should have given the ball up to the BB or pitched to the AB where he just turned and fell.

Justin is the best we have had at the position so far. If he progresses this season as quickly as he did last season, we will refer to him and Joe Hamilton with the same reverence. He could be our best ever by his senior year by a wide margin.

By the end of Justin's career, Christian Campbell should be a 6-3, 225 lb burner of a QB that is feared. From what I read, he readily accepts being a backup for the next few seasons and soaking up the offense. He is definitely going to have some good running backs to get the ball to and we have really picked up recruiting on the OL (bigger, stronger, more athletic) from the first several years of CPJ.

We look pretty öööö good going forward.

On the other hand, when CPJ first came onboard, practices I saw needed the Benny Hill music playing along. Nesbitt's team was blessed with some talent and we overcame a ton of mistakes.

Tevin was a good player that didn't have outstanding speed or power, but he managed the team pretty well and didn't turn the ball over a bunch.

Vad was the lost year where CPJ tried to alter his offense to fit. It was a mistake. Vad ran the offense way to slowly and seemed to just give up later in the season. There were a lot of QB keepers where Vad should have given the ball up to the BB or pitched to the AB where he just turned and fell.

Justin is the best we have had at the position so far. If he progresses this season as quickly as he did last season, we will refer to him and Joe Hamilton with the same reverence. He could be our best ever by his senior year by a wide margin.

By the end of Justin's career, Christian Campbell should be a 6-3, 225 lb burner of a QB that is feared. From what I read, he readily accepts being a backup for the next few seasons and soaking up the offense. He is definitely going to have some good running backs to get the ball to and we have really picked up recruiting on the OL (bigger, stronger, more athletic) from the first several years of CPJ.

We look pretty öööö good going forward.

öööö you for creating unrealistic optimism and expectations from me the next four years , lol.

Scrimmage Photo Gallery

http://www.ramblinwreck.com/view.gal?id=182018

Saturday's scrimmage capped the opening week of #GTCAMP15 and featured 109 plays on a sunny and warm morning on the Flats. All available players on the training camp roster saw action in the scrimmage.

"It was the first scrimmage," said head coach Paul Johnson. "There was some good, some bad. We ran 109 plays. Everybody played. We ran 109 plays and there was just one turnover, so that's a positive. The defense did some good things. I was maybe a little disappointed in a veteran offensive line. I think they had five penalties in the first six series. But all in all, it's about what you'd expect for only being in pads two days."

The Yellow Jackets will take Sunday off - its first day off of practice since opening #GTCAMP15 last Saturday. Practice resumes on Monday at 3 p.m.

I thought Brad Stewart was kind of a generous offer, but have heard good things about him several times already... If he can win the ball on third down, that is invaluable. Smelter did that, D. Thomas did that

Brad Stewart looks like a typical tree sized GT wide receiver. Coach may have found a diamond in the rough.

It's beginning to be a tradition that the last guy we give a scholarship to turns out to be the best guy we gave a scholarship to.

lamar owens Tech hat is awesome..where can i get one? wrong shade, though, but still

Hate to be a dick but odds are you won't look nearly as cool.

200.gif

Back