Paul Johnson will be named Head Football Coach

So, we get Johnson, the reincarnation of Chan Gailey, we lose Tenuta and we get to pay off Gailey.

What a brilliant move.
How are CG and PJ anything alike? You've been saying this all along but you don't know EITHER person. PJ has a history of winning championships...CG has a history of being disoriented.

PJ is at SMU right now discussing the option of taking that job. So its not a done deal yet. Might be but not yet.

But hey yall speculate and don't listen to anything I say, after all I lie about things. LOL.

Dems, I am sorry bout the Muschamp thing, but, what is your gut feeling who Drad & the Board turn to, IF, PJ just used this to get more money out of Smu? Would we turn to Nieuheisel or Hatcher?

This has not been discussed with my source yet. I couldn't imagine PJ doing that though. Will likely be telling them, thanks but no thanks.

I would be ecstatic about a PJ hire, but I think it would be silly to get in a bidding war with SMU for what is not a sure thing.

Did PJ play the board to get more out of SMU? Doubt it, but PJ better make sure to clear this up quick.

Hey dem, who is third on the list now? Hatcher? I think most of us are thumbs up on Hatch. And if the Board gets played by PJ, wouldn't they reconsider Muschamp?

Very interesting...

33, why so down on PJ? I'll take any of the HC candidates, including him.

as I learn more about his offense and what he has run his whole career, I get more and more nervous that the man will run a triple option offense over time at tech. He didn't pass at hawaii, that isn't true, he passed his first year with the other guys players, and as he got his players ran Triple Option. Ran TO at GA South. Ran TO at Navy.

I question his ability to develop a QB and run a passing offense, and that is what we need at tech. Our ground game hasn't EVER been the issue.

And its my opinion that will not produce winning teams in a BCS conf.

all that for 2 million a year.

No thanks.

I would be ecstatic about a PJ hire, but I think it would be silly to get in a bidding war with SMU for what is not a sure thing.

Did PJ play the board to get more out of SMU? Doubt it, but PJ better make sure to clear this up quick.

Hey dem, who is third on the list now? Hatcher? I think most of us are thumbs up on Hatch. And if the Board gets played by PJ, wouldn't they reconsider Muschamp?

Very interesting...

Muschamp is out!

Dems, I am sorry bout the Muschamp thing, but, what is your gut feeling who Drad & the Board turn to, IF, PJ just used this to get more money out of Smu? Would we turn to Nieuheisel or Hatcher?

This has not been discussed with my source yet. I couldn't imagine PJ doing that though.

Hatcher is most likely backup now

Board is mover faster than I can type. I just hope that Hatcher is the 'backup' because the guy has a track record of wins and he has great recruiting contacts in state.

Paul is similar to me with a longer record but probably weaker contacts and a little more ? concerning his offensive style.

Come on PJ...don't you want to coach at Duke in your home state, or even in Texas...lovely weather there and everything is bigger in Texas! Just take the highest bid (hoping thats not us)

I don't like posting for-pay info on a free site, and this may not be something Dem could comment on, but in the same post the insider said who the backup choice for us is... and he's in-state.

Well if we're down to Paul Johnson or Chris Hatcher I'm happy as a pig in mud.

I'll take either of them in a second.

I question his ability to develop a QB and run a passing offense, and that is what we need at tech.
Why?

Who cares how we score as long as we score? Shoot, take a look at college football on a national level - most of the QBs suck, and the few QBs who are good are at factories, and the QBs who get all the highlights are running QBs.

I think the drop-back passer is quickly becoming an outmoded model for NCAA offenses.

as I learn more about his offense and what he has run his whole career, I get more and more nervous that the man will run a triple option offense over time at tech. He didn't pass at hawaii, that isn't true, he passed his first year with the other guys players, and as he got his players ran Triple Option. Ran TO at GA South. Ran TO at Navy.

I question his ability to develop a QB and run a passing offense, and that is what we need at tech. Our ground game hasn't EVER been the issue.

And its my opinion that will not produce winning teams in a BCS conf.

all that for 2 million a year.

No thanks.

I don't think we have any intention of paying $2. If it is all about the money I don't want PJ either; good luck at SMU to him.

Would it change your opinion if the price was $1 and change?

GET READY FOR MORE OF REGGIE BALL AT QB BABY!

cause that's all we'll be able to recuit.

You know, Although I think PJ would be a fool, to pull this, HIGHLY unlikely since he has ties from this State, being succesful at Gsu. But, I would rather have Hatcher anyway.

Both will be alright here, But, Hatcher has more upside with a better track record as to defense, and younger.

You know, Although I think PJ would be a fool, to pull this, HIGHLY unlikely since he is from this State. But, I would rather have Hatcher anyway.

Both will be alright here, But, Hatcher has more upside with a proven commitment to defense, and younger.

PJ is from south carolina, iirc.

Rather have Hatcher at half the price with better staff

Re: This is from a boardmember....Tenuta is probably

Add Paul Johnson with deep South Ga. roots and the folks over in Athens are sweating right now...:fingersx:

I heard Buck Belue say he thinks with PJ, gT can win once every four of five years. i guess they're sweating us about like they sweat Vandy now.

There is a reason that big time programs quit running the triple option as their primary offense. Remember all the wishbone teams. See many now? If PJ comes here and runs the triple option, we are screwed. Hopefully, he will change to something else

Back