Players in the Portal [Official "They Gone" Thread]

RJ Adams portaging out. Don’t think he played at all this year. Now he has to sit one.
Doesn't have to sit if he graduated. See Phil Jerkovec - he's doing two free transfers.

He will have to sit one unless he can get a waiver. This is the first I've seen of anyone transferring twice since the inception of the portal and the 1 free transfer rule.
Kedon Slovis is doing it at Pitt rn, just transferred from USC. The NCAA really doesn’t care.

It looks like a lot of the NIL deals are for freshman year, and players are entering the portal after that.

I would guess almost every NIL deal is set up so that it can be terminated on a yearly basis should the player transfer out, get benched, etc.

@GoGATech Do you know who we are losing because they are graduating/out of eligibility? I assume Keon White is either out of eligibility or going to the NFL.

@GoGATech Do you know who we are losing because they are graduating/out of eligibility? I assume Keon White is either out of eligibility or going to the NFL.
I'll have to go look. Keion for sure is out of eligibility. Eley is too, possibly Charlie Thomas. Thomas I assume will be going to the NFL draft anyway, even if he has a year left.

I'll have to go look. Keion for sure is out of eligibility. Eley is too, possibly Charlie Thomas. Thomas I assume will be going to the NFL draft anyway, even if he has a year left.
Pretty sure those 3 are out of eligibility. As is Malachi Carter, William Lay, EJ Jenkins, Hassan Hall and Kenny Bennett

Out of eligibility
Keion White
EJ Jenkins
Ace Eley
Kenny Bennett
Will Lay
Charlie Thomas
Hassan Hall

Graduated with eligibility left
Derrik Allen - 2 yrs eligibility left
Myles Sims - 1 yr left
Dontae Smith - 1 yr left
TK Chimedza - 1 yr left
Dylan McDuffie - 1 yr left (grad transferred here with 2 to play)
Zamari Walton - 1 yr left
Jaylon King - 1 yr left
Peje Harris - 1 yr left
Cade Long - 1 yr left (walk-on starting long snapper)
Mike Maye - 1 yr left
Sylvain Yondjouen - 1 yr left
Dylan Leonard - 1 yr left (can't remember if he is graduating yet or not but seems I recall he was)

There may be some redshirt sophomores that are close to graduation now because of Covid year but they all have 2 years eligibility left. I'm actually not really sure why Derrik Allen is listed as a R-Jr on the roster anyway because he started his college career in 2019. He should be with the rest of the r-Sophomores. Maybe they listed him there since he was close to graduation and the rest in his class aren't.

Out of eligibility
Keion White
EJ Jenkins
Ace Eley
Kenny Bennett
Will Lay
Charlie Thomas
Hassan Hall

Graduated with eligibility left
Derrik Allen - 2 yrs eligibility left
Myles Sims - 1 yr left
Dontae Smith - 1 yr left
TK Chimedza - 1 yr left
Dylan McDuffie - 1 yr left (grad transferred here with 2 to play)
Zamari Walton - 1 yr left
Jaylon King - 1 yr left
Peje Harris - 1 yr left
Cade Long - 1 yr left (walk-on starting long snapper)
Mike Maye - 1 yr left
Sylvain Yondjouen - 1 yr left
Dylan Leonard - 1 yr left (can't remember if he is graduating yet or not but seems I recall he was)

There may be some redshirt sophomores that are close to graduation now because of Covid year but they all have 2 years eligibility left. I'm actually not really sure why Derrik Allen is listed as a R-Jr on the roster anyway because he started his college career in 2019. He should be with the rest of the r-Sophomores. Maybe they listed him there since he was close to graduation and the rest in his class aren't.
Given Cabrera's support, can the grads count on admission to one of our masters programs if they want to return?

Given Cabrera's support, can the grads count on admission to one of our masters programs if they want to return?
Yes, that's not a problem. We've had plenty of guys graduate in spring/summer starting their "senior" football season and be in a graduate/2nd major/etc. program where they take a few classes and still can play that last year. It's whether the kids want to stay on, grad transfer elsewhere, test the NFL draft, or be done with football. From what I've heard there are several that were ready to move on to either the NFL or possibly grad transfer that are now all highly considering staying for another year including Dontae, Myles Sims, Zamari Walton, Jaylon King. Derrik Allen has 2 years left so I don't see him going anywhere. Leonard and Yondjouen I don't think will go anywhere. McDuffie, Mike Maye, Peje Harris I don't know about. TK Chimedza may try to transfer elsewhere or possibly hang up the cleats. He's battled some tough injuries in his time here. Cade Long is not on scholarship so it all depends on whether he still wants to play football or move on to real life.

Back