Players in the Portal [Official "They Gone" Thread]

Yes, that's not a problem. We've had plenty of guys graduate in spring/summer starting their "senior" football season and be in a graduate/2nd major/etc. program where they take a few classes and still can play that last year. It's whether the kids want to stay on, grad transfer elsewhere, test the NFL draft, or be done with football. From what I've heard there are several that were ready to move on to either the NFL or possibly grad transfer that are now all highly considering staying for another year including Dontae, Myles Sims, Zamari Walton, Jaylon King. Derrik Allen has 2 years left so I don't see him going anywhere. Leonard and Yondjouen I don't think will go anywhere. McDuffie, Mike Maye, Peje Harris I don't know about. TK Chimedza may try to transfer elsewhere or possibly hang up the cleats. He's battled some tough injuries in his time here. Cade Long is not on scholarship so it all depends on whether he still wants to play football or move on to real life.
Is Cade the one snapping the ball into the dirt on punts?

I thought it was Cade Kootsouradis that was graduating, maybe both are.

Yes, that's not a problem. We've had plenty of guys graduate in spring/summer starting their "senior" football season and be in a graduate/2nd major/etc. program where they take a few classes and still can play that last year. It's whether the kids want to stay on, grad transfer elsewhere, test the NFL draft, or be done with football. From what I've heard there are several that were ready to move on to either the NFL or possibly grad transfer that are now all highly considering staying for another year including Dontae, Myles Sims, Zamari Walton, Jaylon King. Derrik Allen has 2 years left so I don't see him going anywhere. Leonard and Yondjouen I don't think will go anywhere. McDuffie, Mike Maye, Peje Harris I don't know about. TK Chimedza may try to transfer elsewhere or possibly hang up the cleats. He's battled some tough injuries in his time here. Cade Long is not on scholarship so it all depends on whether he still wants to play football or move on to real life.
I had gotten the impression that it was the MBA program specifically that was difficult to enter and we had lost a grad transfer or two due to that. Am I remembering that correctly?

I had gotten the impression that it was the MBA program specifically that was difficult to enter and we had lost a grad transfer or two due to that. Am I remembering that correctly?

Correct. From the program’s standpoint it doesn’t make much sense to take players.

Is Cade the one snapping the ball into the dirt on punts?

I thought it was Cade Kootsouradis that was graduating, maybe both are.
No, Long got hurt around mid season and the backup LS tookover. If Koots graduated thats impressive. He was in the 2020 recruiting class.

The portal is becoming a CFB player's way of swiping left. I support the portal, but I wonder if players will just use it to avoid conflict and hardship. Will that have eventually impact how coaches coach? We'll see in time ...
Leach didn’t like this guy and didn’t mind telling him. I don’t blame this guy for not only leaving Mississippi State but giving the reason on the way out. Good for him.

Leach didn’t like this guy and didn’t mind telling him. I don’t blame this guy for not only leaving Mississippi State but giving the reason on the way out. Good for him.
Did Leach target him specifically? I know Leach said all the WRs together were not tough.

Did Leach target him specifically? I know Leach said all the WRs together were not tough.
Seems to be a trend to make space for players a coach wants a spot for. Deion had a similar approach. We better saddle up or we will lose this battle.

Seems to be a trend to make space for players a coach wants a spot for. Deion had a similar approach. We better saddle up or we will lose this battle.
The Bowl Haircut said exactly that...aloud...in public last Spring. He had more players and recruits than scholarships available last year and they were evaluating everyone for portal entry.

I thought you could only portal transfer once then you had to sit a year.. taison is free agenting every season

Back