Players in the Portal [Official "They Gone" Thread]

Phommachaunh played well in UNC game too. I thank him for his services and wish him luck.
He waited for his number to be called and played hard. Unfortunately his skill set will be so much different than the rest of the team. Makes sense for him to leave.

Needs to move down a level. He’d be a decent starter at an FCS school
Not even that, he just needs to go where he’ll be appreciated. He hasn’t played for us or Clemson. Go to somewhere like UVA, VT, etc. where he can start. He was a decent QB, he just didn’t play but 30 or so snaps for us, and even less for Clemson.

Not even that, he just needs to go where he’ll be appreciated. He hasn’t played for us or Clemson. Go to somewhere like UVA, VT, etc. where he can start. He was a decent QB, he just didn’t play but 30 or so snaps for us, and even less for Clemson.
He wouldn’t start for UVA or VPI….
He came in as a decent running threat but he didn’t play much here for a reason.

Kudos to him for keeping his head down, working hard and being ready to contribute while 3 other guys got their shot before him. I doubt many 4th string QBs have ever produced that much in a short period of time, against 2 top 15 teams on the road no less.

a lot of kids would have portaled mid season in his situation

I thought you could only portal transfer once then you had to sit a year.. taison is free agenting every season

You can still apply for a waiver. Or if you have a degree, you can grad transfer. Or you can transfer down a level. All scenarios where he wouldn't have to sit

Needs to move down a level. He’d be a decent starter at an FCS school
He reminds me a little bit of Logan Thomas who has turned into a stud Tight End for Washington. Tyson may want to give TE a spin so the NFL guys can have a look. Or stay here and give it a try - we could use some depth at TE

He reminds me a little bit of Logan Thomas who has turned into a stud Tight End for Washington. Tyson may want to give TE a spin so the NFL guys can have a look. Or stay here and give it a try - we could use some depth at TE
There was the QB Carter for us(can't remember his first name) when Chan was coaching. Chan wanted him to move to WR. He refused and transferred to Louisville to play QB...... and Louisville moved him to WR. His brother was an NFL player for the Jets, I think, who apparently filled his little brother's head with delusions he was a future NFL QB.

There was the QB Carter for us(can't remember his first name) when Chan was coaching. Chan wanted him to move to WR. He refused and transferred to Louisville to play QB...... and Louisville moved him toWR. His brother was an NFL player for the Jets, I think, who apparent filled his little brother's head with delusions he was a future NFL QB.
The story is ringing a bell but not the name…

There was the QB Carter for us(can't remember his first name) when Chan was coaching. Chan wanted him to move to WR. He refused and transferred to Louisville to play QB...... and Louisville moved him to WR. His brother was an NFL player for the Jets, I think, who apparently filled his little brother's head with delusions he was a future NFL QB.
Patrick Carter. Returned some punts for us. Really good athlete; also ran track and won championships as a sprinter. Think he played a good bit at LOU.

Back