Players in the Portal [Official "They Gone" Thread]

I’m disappointed, as well as surprised, unless NIL is involved or a big time school came calling - he did have initial offers from Michigan, Tennessee, NC State, to name a few. But this is the epitome of what I hate about the portal - if you’re not getting playing time or you have a conflict of some sort, I can see moving on, but McCollum is our #1 receiver, gets plenty of touches, has a good QB in Pyron throwing to him, and oh yeah, he’s two years from earning a degree from Georgia Tech.
It shouldn’t be too surprising. The previous coach sold these kids out of high school that we were a developmental program, a place where they could come and play early and then move on to the NFL or different college program. Logic being they would rather play early and prove themselves, than ride the pine at a bigger school. He wasn’t selling education, the tradition of the school, or where GT could take you in life. Every 4 star from that “great” class has followed that path other than Miles Brooks.

For kids we didn’t land, he was selling the opposite. Hey, keep in touch, if things don’t work out at Bama or Auburn we’ll give you a safe place to land at GT.

Could get playing time at a bigger name school with more NIL opportunities. There are better QBs than Pyron around. Probably doesn't care about the name of the school he got his degree from (they're football players)
There are better quarterbacks than every quarterback until you get to the GOAT

You just compared one of the best/toughest QBs in our history to a 4th stringer who played 20 snaps and had 3.7 ypc.

There is nothing to listen to. Your take is inane.
That’s cool, you’re not a Tech football fan and you’re praying on the downfall of the team. I’m not gonna listen to what you got to say.

This NIL and free transfer crap is a real downer. Is GT just a minor league feeder program now?

It is going to be epic on here when Sims emds up starting for Nebraska and leading them to a bowl. I need to take advantage of the Coach Key dip and load up on butthurt futures right now.
If Sims leads Nebraska to a bowl, Prime wins 6 or more at CO and we experience a key dip here next season, Stingtalk brethren will perform some gold medal mental gymnastics justifying it. I've already invested in corn futures.

yeah. hard to avoid all the SEC homers if you live in the south!
I mean they are still my friends, but I don’t mince words. It’s just college football after all… or so they say…

Malcom Mitchell couldn’t read!!!!

C22A46C7-095E-4AC7-B7C3-644BA379C44B.png

The traditional butchering of Jeff Sim’s name continues.
The traditional butchering of Jeff Sims' name continues.

FIFY. SMFH.

I mean they are still my friends, but I don’t mince words. It’s just college football after all… or so they say…

Malcom Mitchell couldn’t read!!!!
bahahahahaha. book club! i was at that game. rode out there with good friend. UGA fan. fantastic trip. first and only trip to cesspool for COFH.

There's a lot to digest in this depending on whether you're an optimist or a pessimist. At minimum, it's more confirmation the players desperately wanted HCBK.

There's a lot to digest in this depending on whether you're an optimist or a pessimist. At minimum, it's more confirmation the players desperately wanted HCBK.

Saturday morning context: Vaipulu and Derrick Allen portal'd shortly after this tweet.

Back