Players in the Portal [Official "They Gone" Thread]

portal.jpg

If Sims leads Nebraska to a bowl, Prime wins 6 or more at CO and we experience a key dip here next season, Stingtalk brethren will perform some gold medal mental gymnastics justifying it. I've already invested in corn futures.
I’m sure you’d love to see that happen, wouldn’t you?

For it to happen, no. But the entertainment factor of a lot of you all to justify it could be entertaining.

What's to justify? Him doing something somewhere else doesn't mean he could do the same here. The snaps he would take here would slow the development of other QBs that will be here longer.

Tech is building a Gingerbred House around Pyron.
Pyron seems like a good hard working kid. I hope for sure he is working his tail off for what he can do while rehabbing his injury. Would like to see a qb transfer that will push him.

I could easily see Sims starting somewhere, and if he suddenly started playing with heart like we saw flashes of against Duke this year he could do real well; probably not enough to play on Sundays; but well enough to star on a less than .500 P5 team.
His problem was always vision. He can’t see what the defense is doing. As a result his good games are a consequence of good luck (DBs not in his passing lanes) or poor DB play (like the 4 dropped INTs vs Pitt).

His problem was always vision. He can’t see what the defense is doing. As a result his good games are a consequence of good luck (DBs not in his passing lanes) or poor DB play (like the 4 dropped INTs vs Pitt).
QB's tend to look that way running for their lives.

Where I think he’s so well is in an air raid style offense. Lot of quick short passes where you release the ball based on formation before the ball is snapped.

A traditional QB is complicated - 3 to 4 seconds to survey the defense, identify their plan, determine who should be open, spot that man, then throw the ball. Not everyone has the ability for fast pattern recognition.

Back