Players in the Portal [Official "They Gone" Thread]

I was listening to the ESPNU station on SiriusXM this morning, and as they were talking about transfer portal realities these days and special challenges for more prestigious institutions, like ours, Jeff Sims came up. They noted Sims announced his intentions to enter the portal before Key was named HC, but now perhaps Sims could be recruited back to GT. Coffee about snorted out of my nose as I was driving, it sounded so ridiculous to hear that conversation with a straight face, but am I missing something? Is there any world in which we want him back on The Flats or that the coaching staff would want him back on the team?
100% No

I think Sims intentionally burnt his bridge back to GT. He was done before the Miami game. I think he would have just bided his time and rode the bench to finish the season and wasn't expecting to be called on. When he was asked to go in, he revealed his portal hand.
I'd have cancelled his scholarship immediately, told him to pay to have his uniform cleaned and return it folded, and to eat at the greasy V. He breeched that contract.

I think Sims intentionally burnt his bridge back to GT. He was done before the Miami game. I think he would have just bided his time and rode the bench to finish the season and wasn't expecting to be called on. When he was asked to go in, he revealed his portal hand.
Different national radio show, but again today the conversation was what a talent Sims is and with just a little good coaching he’ll be special. I agree his coaching has been lacking, not sure if one year of Weinke would be enough to get him where he needs to be or if this really is his ceiling.
regardless, character issues have shown through, that to me trumps any talent or ability.

Source?

Did you begin it with "I think" or did you state it as a fact. I said "I think" that is what happened. You stated it like you had some sort of source. Moron.

Was I asking you, douchebag? If I wanted any öööö from you, I'd squeeze it out of your öööö brain.

tenor.gif

Rivals saying uga looking at Nate Mccolum.
To me, if he goes there, it reveals something incompatible with GA Tech. They have recruited twelve 4* and four 3* WR since 2020. Not to mention transfers. I get that every player worth his salt thinks he can beat out any other player, but why would you knowingly walk into that when you will be the undisputed #1 target in the O here next year with an OC that is known to throw the ball around a lot? All the best to Nate, but this makes - zero - sense to me.
UGA 2023 WR.png

UGA 2022 WR.png

UGA 2021 WR.png

UGA 2020 WR.png

To me, if he goes there, it reveals something incompatible with GA Tech. They have recruited twelve 4* and four 3* WR since 2020. Not to mention transfers. I get that every player worth his salt thinks he can beat out any other player, but why would you knowingly walk into that when you will be the undisputed #1 target in the O here next year with an OC that is known to throw the ball around a lot? All the best to Nate, but this makes - zero - sense to me.
UGA 2023 WR.png

UGA 2022 WR.png

UGA 2021 WR.png

UGA 2020 WR.png

NIL

I get that, but it's a crazy move IMHO. Go where, at best, you're sharing targets with 4-5 other WR likely better than you or stay where you will be featured in an O that will likely fill the air with balls. For a few dollars. All the while leaving a school that has put about 10 WR's in the League since 2000.

He would go there for a bigger paycheck. Still, that specific school should clearly be a no go for a true Tech man.

Back