Vad is gone! Transferring

I really don't know why you anti-CPJ guys are so pissed about Vad transferring. If Vad was that great, we're losing a great QB that could've saved CPJ's job. If anything Vad leaving helps your agenda to get CPJ fired.

He's not going anywhere. There is a new commitment being made to the triple option.

This.

CPJ gave Vad every opportunity to showcase his talents and win games. He would have been happy to go with a customize version of the offense but saw no need given the results. He's got players now and coming in that can run the option. Vad was going to be the odd man out and did the right thing by moving on. Everyone is better for this move.

Just hoping we don't need a whole lot of QB depth next year. Despite what Joe Schad reported, would like to know if all the fan angst got to VL and helped his decision. There's been a lot of cannibalization on this board.

I seriously doubt any current GT football player knows about this board, let alone visits it. Why would they? Aside from their limited free time, it's kinda creepy given that we're a bunch of 30- and 40-somethings obsessing over the activities of teenage boys.

Now, if some of the idiots here are stalking players on FB or Twitter then they'd probably see that. But this board? No, lol.

Statements from Vad and CPJ....really nothing to see here:

Georgia Tech released statements from former quarterback Vad Lee and coach Paul Johnson regarding Lee’s transfer:
VAD LEE
"Making the decision to leave Georgia Tech was difficult for me. I am very close -- and will continue to be close -- with my teammates. I will also miss the overwhelming support I received the last three years from Yellow Jacket nation.
"I greatly appreciate the opportunity Coach Johnson gave me, as well the chance to work with coaches like Brian Bohannon and Bryan Cook. Thanks as well to (recruiting coordinator) Andy McCollum, who helped recruit me to Tech.
"My decision was also difficult because I know first-hand the talent coming back next season. I just felt that it is a good time for me to get a fresh start for my final two years of college."
PAUL JOHNSON
“Vad is a young man with high character and I appreciate all the work that he put into our program and to Georgia Tech during his three years here. This is a decision made by Vad and his family, and while you don’t like losing talented players, I wish nothing but the best for Vad in the future.”

http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/georgia-tech/2014/jan/03/statements-lee-johnson/

Staggerwing, we've repeatedly confirmed through former players and periodically through active players that there are those among them that read this board. Vad would have been doing himself a huge disservice to do so, though.

I seriously doubt any current GT football player knows about this board, let alone visits it. Why would they? Aside from their limited free time, it's kinda creepy given that we're a bunch of 30- and 40-somethings obsessing over the activities of teenage boys.

Now, if some of the idiots here are stalking players on FB or Twitter then they'd probably see that. But this board? No, lol.

Then you would be surprised.

They have computers you know. They also know about google.

Of course, I think most of the players know to ignore the crap we post here.

My daughter got a Poly Sci degree from JMU and it got her into the MBA program at the Booth School at the University of Chicago.

It's not the degree that necessarily gets you into a top MBA school. HBS's most recent class includes students with undergraduate degrees from UGA and Georgia Southern.

Take that JMU poly sci degree and go work on the Hill or make powerful friends at a big think tank and you can go far. Take a UVA poly sci degree then go work at Starbucks and you're not going anywhere.

He's not going anywhere. There is a new commitment being made to the triple option.

Agreed.

And although its not my favorite offense, if he could get us running it like 2009, I'd be all for it and we'd win a lot of games.

I'm really hoping Custis comes in and contributes immediately. JT and Custis could be pretty dynamic. Smelter and Anthony Autry could be very good WR's.

Its all still hinging on the Offensive Line.

Agreed.

And although its not my favorite offense, if he could get us running it like 2009, I'd be all for it and we'd win a lot of games.

I'm really hoping Custis comes in and contributes immediately. JT and Custis could be pretty dynamic. Smelter and Anthony Autry could be very good WR's.

Its all still hinging on the Offensive Line.

In Sewak I distrust!

I wish Vad Lee well. I think it became obvious,over the course of this season, that he was not well-suited, despite the physical capabilities, for the option game and lacked the right arm to play in a more traditional offense. He came here because we gave him a shot at playing QB and it wasn't clear that he'd have that opportunity at another FBS school. It is dissappointing for all parties that it didn't work out better.

So he lies to Vad Lee, tells him he is gonna change the offense to suit his strengths, gets the commitment, then:

Mr-Burns-Saying-Excellent.gif

If that is the case CPJ is a douche
Right or wrong, the coach's job is to get the recruit to commit. Short of cash handouts or anything against the rules, it's all fair game.

Anybody blaming Vad for transferring is completely off base.

He was lied to during his recruitment by being promised that the offense would be changed to fit his talents. When that didn't happen, he left.

Don't blame the kid, blame the coach.

Maybe if he hit the "easy" passes better - ex. smoke rout to start the MCB (sailed the ball almost into the stands) he'd have had mor opportunities to pass.

I wish Vad Lee well. I think it became obvious,over the course of this season, that he was not well-suited, despite the physical capabilities, for the option game and lacked the right arm to play in a more traditional offense. He came here because we gave him a shot at playing QB and it wasn't clear that he'd have that opportunity at another FBS school. It is dissappointing for all parties that it didn't work out better.

This^

I should hamade a similar comment in my earlier response.

This.

CPJ gave Vad every opportunity to showcase his talents and win games. He would have been happy to go with a customize version of the offense but saw no need given the results. He's got players now and coming in that can run the option. Vad was going to be the odd man out and did the right thing by moving on. Everyone is better for this move.

True... unfortunately so, but it is true.

Other schools wanted him at QB, but it was schools like Duke and NCSU.

I imagine CPJ had a season end meeting with Vad, and laid it out for him. Likely that Vad's efforts were solid but the job was open in the Spring. PJ would have discussed the good and bad points Vad brought to the table, where improvement was needed, and his chances of truly succeeding in the system. As someone said above, full assistance could have been offered if Vad decided to transfer, and calls made to get him placed. This sounds like a mismatch of skills and system and the boss is always going to win. Now, I have no basis to swear to any of this, but ..........

I wish Vad well. I have no doubt he gave it his all and did what he could to help GT.

This.

All of it.

Vad Lee Leaved

anagrams r fun

Try "Justin Thomas" if you dare to know the future.

Back