Who can we beat on the rest of our schedule

GTsapper

USVI Wreck from Georgia Tech
I wouldn't take the GT job without a long contract in any sport, because I know its fundamentally harder to recruit here, and I know I'll probably get fired when I don't perform as well as all the surrounding schools that don't have our disadvantages.

Unless, that is, I was some kind of coaching Xs and Os genius who could overcome the talent disparity with a system gimmick and had experience coaching at schools with a similar talent gap. We should probably be looking for someone like that.
No, no, no. That's just silly. We need to be able to throw the ball 55 times a game and line up in the shotgun on 4th and inches to win in college football today. Didn't you get the memo?

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Offer lists generally don't mean squat. How many of those offers were commitable? I'd wager less than 3/4.
No offense but if those guys (outside the Swillings) really had some of those offers they wouldn’t be here.
@aeromech why do you dislike these posts? Do you honestly believe all those players on that list could've gone to any of those schools listed by their name? If you do, then my friend you are truly delusional about the world of recruiting.

LongforDodd

Dodd-Like
Lets be honest It takes some pretty bad coaching to take a bowl team and turn around and lose to an 0-2 FCS program. The only conclusion from this season thus far is that the coaching staff, and especially coach Collins, are not yet up to this job. They may grow into it. This is what worried me from day one about Coach Collins and all the social media hype. He’s had two seasons as a HC and let’s be honest, there isn’t much track record there (it’s Temple!) so the hyperbole always felt forced and compensating for a lack of substance. Now he has to turn it down, get to basics and try to build credibility. I’m not optimistic. The sales pitch was the hype would lead to better talent, but who’s hyped to come hear now, and what if we win 0-1 more from here on?

Final thoughts... you wanna change the culture? JUST WIN BABY! That being said what I am watching is awful coaching performance week in and week out. No one expected GT to be that good ( 3-4 wins) But the Jackets aren't getting any better. Each time GT seems to move forward in one area it regresses in another.
Non-responsive.

Also, plays better on the other site where Chatters blame the coaching staff for everything bad in the game, shut their traps and disappear when good things happen, and then return when...you guessed it.

Deke

Everybody relax, I'm here.
My only coaching complaint is us not using a conventional under-center running package for short-yardage situations. What we do isn’t working, & it gets blown up quickly before the play can develop.
I don't even know if it has to be under center, but I agree that it seems like almost every play where we need to pick up a yard or two (particularly on 4th down) develops like molasses and gets blown up before it even has a chance.

Allen Koholic

Likes dick drawings.
Fake news.

I'll agree our red-zone and short yardage defense needs some work, but that will come when we get more experience and depth on the DL. But let's see how "out-coached" we got:

1st drive: Duke completes a ridiculous 42 yard pass that was well covered and contested. Defense still manages to hold Duke to a FG.

2nd drive: Gave duke great field position to start (after we overthrew a wide open Oliver for a TD) and forced them into a 4th down situation but they converted and eventually scored.

3rd drive: Once again gave them short field and they completed another ridiculously contested pass for 41 yards. Duke had 1st and goal to go and they eventually scored but we forced them into 4th down before they did.

4th drive: Finally got a good punt and made them drive the length of the field, but then a costly targeting penalty aided them for 15 yards. Couple plays later a missed tackle by LB and no safety help for a big run up the middle to the 1 yard line.

5th drive: Short field after we turn it over on downs on our own 31 yard line, also aided by a 15 yard penalty.

Then the blocked punt for TD.

Duke just made more plays than we did in the first half. That's not getting outcoached on D. After our 1st drive and the TD, our offense averaged 3.6 plays and 1:18 of clock per drive until the last drive where we scored another TD. That drive was still only 6 plays and 2:02 of possession. Our defense never got a chance to get a breather in the first half. And you mentioned our defense being as talented as Dukes offense, sure we have some talented recruits, but they are young and none have much real game experience. Let's also look at our LB core:

David Curry - played safety in HS
Bruce Jordan-Swilling - played RB in HS
Demetrius Knight - played QB in HS
Charlie Thomas - played safety in HS
Quez Jackson - is the only true LB on the roster getting snaps
Remember when we scored, then gave up 38 straight points? That's the only analysis I need.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Fun fact: in one half against Tech, Duke ripped off half as many points as Tech had managed to score in the five games prior.

Patenaude needs to ööööing go.
You are so ööööing retarded. I guess he missed the blocks and over threw receivers too? You apparently have zero football knowledge and it's showing. I'm not defending the guy because I think he's a great coach. My point is we don't know yet and you won't until we have a FULL offense (including OL) capable of running his offense.

PM Gold

Varsity Lurker
They seemed capable on the first drive The difference is patenope cant call more that one series much less a whole game

Allen Koholic

Likes dick drawings.
You are so ööööing retarded. I guess he missed the blocks and over threw receivers too? You apparently have zero football knowledge and it's showing. I'm not defending the guy because I think he's a great coach. My point is we don't know yet and you won't until we have a FULL offense (including OL) capable of running his offense.
I know that he's a bad coach. He's had plenty of opportunities to prove otherwise. He hasn't. He needs to ööööing go.

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
It does not matter whether we go 1-11 or 5-7 this year. Everyone knows this is a rebuilding season. The goal this season is to determine who can contribute in the future, where they should play and get them experience at that position. I trust that this is what the coaching staff is doing.

Allen Koholic

Likes dick drawings.
It does not matter whether we go 1-11 or 5-7 this year. Everyone knows this is a rebuilding season. The goal this season is to determine who can contribute in the future, where they should play and get them experience at that position. I trust that this is what the coaching staff is doing.
I got news for you chief, we ain't going 5-7 no matter what. You can just pick that öööö up off the table right now.

This is the worst team in the entire country. Worst. And it's not the worst talent, so you tell me where the problem is.

The Jacket

The Coat
We play Miami closer than we're expecting in a losing effort, but something clicks. We then shock the entire county (and parts of Dekalb) by beating Pitt. We get a couple of mentions to fill dead air on College Football Scoreboard after we upset Virginia. We then beat Virginia Tech by 10 in an ugly game, and a week later during a segment about Ed Orgeron, Lee Corso inexplicably begins warning the nation to look out for us, and how we are going to be dangerous when we have the right players to run Paul Johnson's option attack. Beyond that? Mutthurt clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
So basically you're saying you can't name them. What were your realistic expectations for this season? You have got to be the most delusional person out there if you think we SHOULD win 5-6 games. Even the experts out there have plainly stated that if we were to make a bowl game this year, that CGC and staff would be NATIONAL coaches of the year. It's like you don't understand what we're going through as far as transition and inexperience. You think it's the same as any other coaching change in the country and we should just plug and play and keep on rolling. That's not how the real world works, chief. Our coaches are ripping the band-aid off to get the team to where they want them to be as soon as possible, and results are suffering right now because of it. They know they could be more successful right now running some different schemes, but all that does is delay the end goal.

Yukonwreck

Dodd-Like
Again I didn't say that giving up 38 points wasn't a problem... but you apparently didn't read any of the context. He said our defense got outcoached all day, which is 100% false.
David Curry, targeting.