Question About Tech and BIG 10

There are good beers all over this country, but I prefer foreign brews like Hacker-Pschorr over the microbrews. Many of the domestic microbreweries make bitter crap and then take a haughty attitude of you just don't get what we're doing. From my experience, most homebrewers also make crap. I guess I'm weird in that I want something drinkable, but hate the mass market stuff except for some of the Michelob special brews.
Yes, no. Most micros tend make IPAs because they're easy and different from large breweries. IPAs also suck. Most homebrewers I talk to/brew with make pretty good beer.

I was only saying Yuengling to answer what people in the Big Ten drink. It's a decent standby lager at the bar if nothing else decent is on tap.

Around Madison, New Glarus has a strong presence (Spotted Cow). Leinenkugel is sort of our "Sweetwater" of the region. Capital Brewery is around here too, but I haven't tried that yet.

I loved Lazy Magnolia's Sweet Potato Stout, but the others were okay.

I'd be willing to bet the majority of dwag fans drink Zima wrapped in Budweiser wrapping

Around Madison, New Glarus has a strong presence (Spotted Cow). Leinenkugel is sort of our "Sweetwater" of the region. Capital Brewery is around here too, but I haven't tried that yet.

Is it overpriced as well?

Leinie's from just outside Eau Claire. It's ok beer. I prefer a real German one though.

There used to be a micro-brewery by Georgia Tech in the late-90's/early 00's that had a tasting every Friday afternoon that I went to. It was as good as most of the Wisconsin ones. It was essentially in a warehouse and I think they charged something like $5 for all you could drink. Does anyone remember the name?

Is it overpriced as well?

In general, beer in Wisconsin isn't overpriced. It used to be even better before Miller bought up Stroh's and Heileman's. It was pretty common back in the mid-90's to get $4 pitchers and $1.50 bottles at a bar (which they have many). Typically, you could get a tap for $1 or so.

In general, beer in Wisconsin isn't overpriced. It used to be even better before Miller bought up Stroh's and Heileman's. It was pretty common back in the mid-90's to get $4 pitchers and $1.50 bottles at a bar (which they have many). Typically, you could get a tap for $1 or so.

That's what I've heard too, but it's still pretty öööö good up here. I'm more of a microbrewery type, so it works out for me.

That's what I've heard too, but it's still pretty öööö good up here. I'm more of a microbrewery type, so it works out for me.

It's cheaper across the border, just not as much as it used to be. I used to get 30 packs of Special Export for $8. You just like New Glarus because it was started by a woman. Beer is big in Wisconsin's German heritage. It's a lot of fun for a while.

It's cheaper across the border, just not as much as it used to be. I used to get 30 packs of Special Export for $8. You just like New Glarus because it was started by a woman. Beer is big in Wisconsin's German heritage. It's a lot of fun for a while.

I had no idea about that. Do they put women on a pedestal up here in Wisconsin? Because on the capitol is a statue of a woman.

I like New Glarus because of Fat Squirrel. Not much of a fan of Spotted Cow. I'm going to try Coffee Stout next.

My issue with Sweetwater is that they jacked up their prices to $9.99 across the board and I'm sorry, it just isn't worth that.

Bass is better than 420 and Sweetwater IPA is way too piney. Maybe I'm an incorrigible drunk but I can't pay $10 for a slightly better than run-of-the-mill 5% Pale Ale.

I had no idea about that. Do they put women on a pedestal up here in Wisconsin? Because on the capitol is a statue of a woman.

I like New Glarus because of Fat Squirrel. Not much of a fan of Spotted Cow. I'm going to try Coffee Stout next.

No, they're all German. Sweet while they're young, but become nasty over time. Most of the men combat it by getting drunk in icehouses all winter and softball during the summer.

No, they're all German. Sweet while they're young, but become nasty over time. Most of the men combat it by getting drunk in icehouses all winter and softball during the summer.
I don't know if you're referring to the beer or the women. Both would fit.

I would hope that a UNC/Duke/UVA move would make our move more palatable to the naysayers. Duke is an interesting historical opponent for us. And we could have a "southern" pod.

Before anyone says it, that combo actually makes sense because the tobacco road mafia would've lined up NC State for SEC inclusion (with VT incidentally).

Clemson and FSU would be attractive to the Big 12 of course, and would get them to 12.

Back